Research / Writing

class war is tomorrowI considered labeling this page ‘scholarship’ or ‘scholarly endeavors’ because I no longer think of my academic work as just being about research projects. I do still love research, and am eager to continue working on specific projects that look at development in community context. But as an academic at a smaller school, without graduate students and with relatively heavy teaching / administrative demands, I also am eager to find other ways to make scholarly contributions. Perhaps this means more writing for non-specialists in magazines, on-line, or in educational resources. Perhaps this means more applied research-I’m particularly interested in program evaluation if opportunities arise! But for now I’m still disseminating work from past projects, engaging with several current projects, and keeping my ears open for new opportunities (particularly anything to do with sports-based youth development). Also feel free to let me know if you have any interest in my publications, and allow me the indulgence of including a few links that are somehow related to my work and/or occasionally require easy access…