This biennial exhibit showcases the University community’s experiences and connections to fine art photography. The 2013 exhibit is on display in the upper floor hallway between the group study rooms and the classroom.
2015 CALL FOR ENTRIES
The Clark Library is now seeking fine art photographs from current students, faculty and staff.
Deadline extended to: Monday, March 16, 2015
Format: Email images as low resolution (72 dpi) files to firstname.lastname@example.org. IMPORTANT: Name files with your UP username so we can contact you. For example: jones19_1.jpg. If you submit multiple images: jones19_1.jpg jones19_2.jpg jones19_3.jpg
Number of Entries: Maximum of 7 images per person
- * Photographers must be current students, staff, or faculty at the University of Portland.
- * Submitted photographs must be available as high resolution images (e.g. 300 dpi). The selected photographs will be printed, framed (11 x 14), and displayed in the exhibit area on the library’s upper floor.
- * The jury is looking for fine art photographs that embody a creative use of photography, tell a story, or feature a theme. [See 2013 winners for examples.]
- * Photographs can be created using analog or digital processes.
- * Photographs may encompass a broad range of subject matter including portraiture, landscape and still life. They can reflect your visual experiences from anywhere, whether they were on campus or beyond our campus.
The Jury anticipates a selection of 10 – 15 images. Jury members: Pat Bognar (Performing & Fine Arts), Michael Connolly (Performing & Fine Arts), and Marc Covert (Marketing & Communications).
Selected artists will be asked to send high resolution (300 dpi) jpgs of their photographs by the end of March. Final images will be printed and framed (11 x 14 inches). The exhibit will be hung in early April and will be in place for two years.
- * Need equipment? The Clark Library Digital Lab loans out digital cameras and tripods [Checkout Information].
- * Want to develop your photography skills? Try a Digital Lab workshop in February.
Inquiries may be directed to José Velazco, Library Digital Initiatives Coordinator, at
(503) 943 – 7602 or email@example.com.