This biennial exhibit showcases the University community’s experiences and connections to fine art photography. The 2013 exhibit is on display in the upper floor hallway between the group study rooms and the classroom.
We received over 300 entries by the March 16 deadline. Now the jury will start its work and the selected photos will be announced in April!
- * Entries must have been submitted by March 16, 2015.
- * Photographers must be current students, staff, or faculty at the University of Portland.
- * Submitted photographs must be available as high resolution images (e.g. 300 dpi). The selected photographs will be printed, framed (11 x 14), and displayed in the exhibit area on the library’s upper floor.
- * The jury is looking for fine art photographs that embody a creative use of photography, tell a story, or feature a theme. [See 2013 winners for examples.]
- * Photographs can be created using analog or digital processes.
- * Photographs may encompass a broad range of subject matter including portraiture, landscape and still life. They can reflect your visual experiences from anywhere, whether they were on campus or beyond our campus.
The Jury anticipates a selection of 10 – 15 images. Jury members: Pat Bognar (Performing & Fine Arts), Michael Connolly (Performing & Fine Arts), and Marc Covert (Marketing & Communications).
Selected artists will be asked to send high resolution (300 dpi) jpgs of their photographs by early April. Final images will be printed and framed (11 x 14 inches). The exhibit will be hung in mid April and will be in place for two years.
Inquiries may be directed to José Velazco, Library Digital Initiatives Coordinator, at
(503) 943 – 7602 or firstname.lastname@example.org.