Mar 08

LRC Calendar

Wondering if the LRC is open for practice? You can use the LRC Calendar link under Nursing Resources to view the calendar of events in the LRC.

Feb 14

Get to know our faculty – September

As a student, I always found it to be helpful to know a bit about those people who show up to class and stand in the front of the room. I just seemed to learn more when I had a connection, however small, with my instructors.

I was born and raised here in the NW, and have lived up and down the west coast Malibu, Berkeley, Eugene, and Salem. I wouldn’t live anywhere else – except maybe Hawaii! I have 2 elementary school age boys who keep me pretty busy with basketball, baseball, guitar, and chess club. I have always been active and really enjoy swimming and cycling. This summer I am going to register for my first triathlon since my back surgery!

I feel so fortunate to be a part of the School of Nursing. I love working with our students, faculty and staff!

Feb 06

Resources for Community Nursing Students

Items available for check out from the LRC:

Community Nursing Bags (bp cuffs, first aid supplies, tape measure, pen light)
Scales
Standiometers (measures height)
Infant measuring device
Glowgerm kits with black light
Vision screening charts
Breast self-exam model
“Gross Mouth” dental hygiene teaching tool

The best way to obtain these resources is to come to an Open TA Lab OR make an appointment ahead of time with September Nelson (nelson@up.edu or 943-7982)

Introduction to Simulation Suite

Introduction to the Simulation Suite

This video provides an introduction to the UP School of Nursing Simulation Suite. You will learn what to expect during your simulation. Please view before attending your first simulation.

Questions regarding simulation should be directed to Mary Oakes at oakes@up.edu

Feb 02

Building the E-LRC

I am working to create a one-stop shopping experience for nursing resources. Each nursing course has a Moodle page which provides discrete information for specific classes. Unfortunately, those resources cannot be accessed by everyone at any time. Many of the resources posted for a unique class can be useful in subsequent course work. The E-LRC will provide that hub of information for the nursing students at UP. I am excited to get it up and running!

September