This year’s festival will take place in Buckley Center 163 from 4:30 to 6:30pm on April 9, 2014. Volunteered internationally? Studied Abroad? E-Scholar? International Intern? YOU’RE ELIGIBLE! Tell your story. Submissions are due by midnight on March 28, 2014.
The University of Portland is a crossroads for many people who love and pursue international experiences. UP International students bring a rich and unique set of experiences that enrich our community and provide perspectives into our global world experience. UP students from different parts of the US participate in overseas experiences create unforgettable memories and connections with so many different peoples and their cultures.
In an effort to share the many experiences of international exchanges and adventures, CISGO offers the first annual Digi-Short Student Digital Story festival on campus.
1) Submissions limited to UP students.
2) One submission per person.
3) Each digital story can be 5 minute (max) or shorter.
4) Each digital story must include audio and visuals. Visuals may include:
- A combination of photos and video
5) All material, sound and music must be original so as not to infringe on copyright law.
- Family friendy digital stories
- Pieces that explore intercultural issues
- Narrative structure. In basic terms: what is the beginning, middle and end. Are these elements clear.
- Presentation of key idea/s and how the idea is developed.
- Volunteer abroad
- Study abroad
- Internship or living experience abroad
- Individual travel