28th Annual UP SWE Engineering & Science Career Fair
|What:||28th Annual SWE Engineering & Computer Science Career Fair|
|When:||February 21, 2014 1:00-4:00|
|Where:|| Shiley Hall
University of Portland
5000 N Willamette Blvd.
Portland, OR 97203
About the Career Fair
For the past twenty seven years, the student chapter of the Society of Women Engineers at the University of Portland has hosted the engineering and science career fair for students and alumni. Recruiters have an opportunity to meet students and alumni with majors in science and technical fields including mechanical engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, engineering management, computer science, math, physics, chemistry, and biology.
The Engineering & Science Career Fair provides employers with the opportunity to:
- Recruit permanent employees from among the finest engineering and science undergraduates in Oregon
- Meet highly qualified and enthusiastic candidates for full-time, part-time, and internship opportunities
- Select potential candidates for interviews
Employers who attended in previous years were very pleased with the fair:
- “We met a lot of great candidates. We were very impressed with the quality of students we spoke to. Also, we thought the length of the fair was perfect and the setup was nice.”
- “The students were well prepared, asked excellent questions, and were focused on what they wanted to do.”
- “I think the UP SWE chapter hosts a great event! I’ve been attending the event for 6 years and the new venue was a nice change of pace. All attending UP students, whether seeking internships or full time employment, are always well prepared and engaging.”
- “I was impressed by the professionalism of the students we met and by how prepared they were to talk with us.”
About the University of Portland
The University of Portland is a private Catholic university located in Portland, Oregon with a student body of over 3,000 undergraduates and over 500 graduate students.
Science, engineering, and other technical majors receive an education rooted in rigorous scientific and technical courses. As a result, students are well-rounded, analytical problem solvers with excellent communication and reasoning skills.
Directions and Logistics
Parking on the day of the event is free. Please see the map for parking lots which are located right next to the Chiles Center.
List of Companies Attending Career Fair:
Here’s a link to What types of Employees the Companies are looking for:
Contact the Coordinators of the Fair: